SMART Gateway DC Powered 5W N- type 1RU
Allow Partial Shipments
Microlab SMART Gateway is a broadband diagnostic headend unit that provides real-time monitoring of a public safety DAS network within a building or across multiple campus facilities. The SMART Gateway is a critical head-end component within the System Monitor, Alarm, Report Technology (SMART) Passive product line. SMART Gateway is complemented by SMART Coupler nodes distributed throughout a building’s passive DAS, coaxial transmission line, and antenna network. SMART Gateway is installed between a DAS head end’s RF source, such as a bi-directional amplifier (BDA) or repeater, and the coaxial signal distribution network. The integrity of the original signal is maintained and passes through the SMART Gateway. The original signal is combined with the gateway’s diagnostic signaling. The SMART Gateway powers and communicates with each of the passive DAS network’s SMART Couplers via the coaxial cabling. Power over Ethernet (PoE), local Ethernet, and power are not required with Microlab’s SMART Gateway and SMART Couplers. The real-time monitoring of the SMART Passive system assures Public Safety DAS system integrators, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), and building owners of their emergency services communications systems’ operation.
- Monitors DAS infrastructure integrity; including antennas, coaxial cables, and other passive components
• Designed for public safety VHF, UHF, TETRA, 700, 800, 900 MHz bands. FirstNet Band 14 ready
• Diagnostics, DC power, and communications are provided over RF coaxial cabling by the SMART Gateway
• Alarms communicated from the SMART Gateway through the cloud via e-mail, Text, and SNMP to your NOC.
• SMART Gateway is operated through a common Web Browser with a Dashboard providing the status of each SMART Coupler’s ports
• Variants: SDR for Spectrum Monitoring of Uplink and Downlink signals, AC or DC power
Frequency: 130 to 960 MHz
Insertion Loss: ~1.5 dB
Diagnostics / RF Signaling (f)*
Note: frequency agile for global applications
Diagnostic CW Test Tone: 1mW 0dBm
Maximum RF Input: 5W (+37 dBm)
Monitoring Nodes: 15
Upgradeable to 30 nodes
VSWR 1.25:1 Max.
Connectors Type-N (f), Tri-plate
Environment 20°C to +50°F
Housing / Finish Aluminum, Red Powder Coat Front Panel